RRT: Burnouts, Burndowns and Sunburns. We saw it all at the inaugural IHRA Motor City Nationals in Milan Michigan. It was typical Michigan weather; Friday was cold, wet and windy; the rest of the weekend was HOT and sunny. What do they say? If you don’t like the weather just wait five minutes, it’ll change.
We were at the event to record Todd Burks for an upcoming video series on drag racing. Todd and team mates had a great weekend, they had a win, a runner up and a semi final finish. The team owner Tom Rossman won Top Dragster. As Beverly said, they make it look easy.
We also ran into the Sponsorship Coach Phil Veldheer and decided to shoot some video of him in action. You could learn a lot by just following this guy around. During the weekend he worked his way into the tower to help promote his team and was later interview by the track announcer — we got it all on film.
- A 60+ second stagging burndown between two pro-stock cars – I loved how the IHRA official just let them play their game.
- Hanging with the Rossman team
- The wheel standing school bus – It had a female mannequin up front and was a real trip to watch going down the track, I’m sure the kids loved it.
- Bev’s first experience with a Port-a-Potty – Check out the photo below to see how thrilled she was.
- Hooters Girls! – Bev never slapped me once, what a gal.
More at: IHRA.com